SC BUILDERS is committed to the sustainable movement. 100% of our Project Managers, as well as the majority of our Superintendents, are LEED AP.
SC BUILDERS has worked on and is currently working on projects that are seeking LEED Certification. The following are some of the ways we can assist our customers:
Work with the architectural team on products that will earn LEED points. We help identify the products, price them and propose the pro's and con's to each alternative.
- Work with electrical and mechanical engineers on energy efficient options to their systems. We look at mechanical options, lighting options, dimming controls, insulation, ventilation and the complete building envelope to decide what is most efficient.
- Implement all of the prerequisite activities to ensure that every possible point can be achieved with no additional cost to the customer. At minimum, these activities consist of recycling all construction waste, maintaining indoor air quality throughout the project, covering all ductwork, storing building materials in a safe, dry area and using low VOC adhesives, paints, and building materials.
- Identify to the customer the cost differences of sustainable materials, as well as life cycle expectations, maintenance costs and energy savings or additions.
Not only do we help our customers make their projects part of the sustainable movement, but we practice what we preach at our own office. We recycle our paper waste, use Energy Star appliances and equipment, as well as having a lighting control system.
Being "Green" is not a marketing angle for SC BUILDERS. It is at the top of our list for every project.
Equinix SV2 - Data Center Expansion - Santa Clara, CA ~ LEED Certification
- BAE - Corporate Office - San Jose CA ~ LEED Certification
- Facebook - Palo Alto, CA ~ LEED Certification
- Symantec Corporate Office - Mountain View, CA ~ LEED Silver
- Lockheed Martin - Solar Installation recognized as 3rd largest installation in Sunnyvale, CA by USGBC